We offer casual rates and regular rates depending on frequency of use. To hire a facility please contact our booking officer at Clunesoldschool@gmail.com
- Hourly $14
- Half Day $60
- Full day $100
- Hourly $10
- Half Day $40
- Full day $60
We have the following facilities provided free for the local community on a quiet enjoyment basis
- Electric BBQ
- Half basketball court
- Playground equipment
- Bike/Skateboard path
- Open space
Bookings not required unless you have an important date
COSA Terms and Conditions for Hiring
The lovely heritage Clunes Village Common and Old School buildings are provided for community enjoyment and interaction.
The Clunes Common and buildings are maintained by a voluntary Committee which loves to see the facilities and being enjoyed by all. There are no paid staff and accordingly all cleaning, preparation for events and rubbish removal is undertaken by the user/hirer.
Terms of Hire
- Payments of the Deposit, Bond and Hire Fee are made in full, in advance.
- Payment is preferred by Direct Deposit to COSA Inc account BSB 728728 Acct 22209570
- The Bond is refundable the Hirer, within seven (7) days after the event t.
- The Hirer will be responsible for leaving the facilities and equipment in the same condition on exit as on entry.
- Any costs associated with cleaning, rubbish removal, or repairs will be deducted from the Bond.
- The Hirer will need to state the duration of the hire. Events/functions that extend beyond the stated time will incur additional hourly rates which will also be deducted from the Bond.
Conditions of Use
COSA encourages and supports the community to use its facilities to bring people together, have fun and celebrate our community. We need to share the responsibility to look after the facilities and its users.
Specific Responsibilities of the Hirer
- Loss or Damage to the facilities, equipment or its amenities incurred in the course of hire should be declared by the Hirer to the Committee and will be paid for in full or replaced by the Hirer
- Breakdown of equipment or utilities should be reported to the Committee by the Hirer and where it is concluded that it was due to normal wear and tear it will be repaired by the Committee otherwise the Hirer.
- Consideration must be shown to the neighbours, who are very friendly, tolerant people and whose friendship and goodwill are important. There should be no trespass, or littering of their property, and loud music and noise will stop at 9 PM.
- Conduct of all guests is the responsibility of the function Hirer and order and decorum is to be maintained. Any damage to property or inappropriate behaviour will be reported to Police.
- Removal of all rubbish is the responsibility of the Hirer.
- Injury to any users is the responsibility of the Hirer who must safeguard and exert due ‘duty of care’ to all people attending the function including the monitoring of alcohol consumption.
- No nails, thumbtacks or double-sided tape to be used on the wooden painted surfaces. All sticky tape, string etc is to be removed at the end of the hire.
- Cleanliness of the rooms/Stages etc is the responsibility of the Hirer. The facilities, toilets and kitchen must be left clean tidy. All tables, benches, chairs and all equipment must be returned to the correct storage position after being cleaned. A cleaning checklist is supplied to all hirers, this assists with ensuring the returned items to their correct place and all required cleaning as been completed.
- Turning off lights, fans and appliances is the responsibility of the Hirer at the completion of the function.
- Security of the facilities is the responsibility of the Hirer. All windows and doors must be locked on departure and the key returned
- Hirers have a ‘duty of care’ to the people who attend their events, meetings and functions and the Hirer is responsible for their well-being and any injury incurred as a result of the activities. Due care and warning must be given to those people attending the activity by the Hirer.
- COSA is responsible for the buildings and the immediate physical environment, except for the steps from Walker Street and beyond.
- Hirers and their guests must park legally on Walker Street, there is no parking on the site. Limited access is available for setting up and for the set down of disabled or elderly persons but driving on site is so at the Hirers risk. The only exceptions parking on site is must be approved by members of the COSA Executive.
To book a room contact our Booking coordinator or Email completed booking form to email@example.com, you can print, fill in and return the contract below,